2016-17 United Way Baltimore City Schools CampaignAll leaders / Deadline: November 29
Please encourage all staff members to support the United Way Baltimore City Schools Campaign which begins on Monday, November 21. (Note: This was previously called the Combined Charity Campaign.). The district’s goal is to raise $300,000.
New this year, employees can contribute to any eligible 501(c)3 charity, including schools and education-related programs. As in the past, staff can opt for paycheck deductions throughout the year to make the process easier for both donors and recipients. All donations have a real and positive impact on the children and families of Baltimore City.
Identify your campaign coordinator
Principals should identify a staff member willing to volunteer as school coordinator for the United Way Baltimore City Schools Campaign.
Campaign coordinators will:
- Serve as the school or office point of contact throughout the campaign
- Attend training at Baltimore Polytechnic Institute (1400 W. Cold Spring Lane) on one of the below days to learn about the campaign, develop a plan of action, and suggest ways to maximize campaign results
o Wednesday, December 7: 9 a.m.-11:00 a.m. or 1:00 p.m.-3:00 p.m.
For questions about this year’s campaign, email Carla Jackson.Click here for other items in the November 17 Leadership Action Update.
- Promote the campaign
- Meet regularly with a United Way loaned executive to discuss campaign activities
- Encourage online giving and distribute/collect pledge cards
- Develop meaningful ways to thank campaign donors