2017 January High School Assessment
High school principals and assistant principals / Deadline: November 18The January 2017 High School Assessment (HSA) administration window is from Monday, January 9, to Friday, January 20. School testing coordinators at schools with participating students must register for a 90-minute training session at 8:45 a.m., 10:45 a.m., or 1:15 p.m. on Wednesday, November 30, at the Professional Development Center. The deadline to register is Friday, November 18. (Each session is limited to 16 participants.)
Refer to these guidelines to ensure appropriate HSA administration and student participation.Students enrolled in the American Government and Biology semester-long (semester 1 only) or trimester-long (trimester 1 only) courses must participate.First-time 9th-grade students who previously earned an American Government course credit must complete cohort requirements, as follows:
- Students who entered 9th grade prior to the 2012-13 school year are not required to participate nor to have a Government score on record. If they do participate, they may use the Government HSA to meet graduation requirements with a combined score.
- Students who entered 9th grade in the 2012-13 school year are required to participate, but not to pass the Government HSA. Students may use the Government HSA to meet graduation requirements with a combined score.
- Students who entered 9th grade during or after the 2013-14 school year are required to participate and to pass the Government HSA, complete Government Bridge projects, or meet the graduation requirements with a combined score.
- Option 1: Participate in Biology HSA again this year to qualify for the participation-only requirement.
- Option 2: Complete the Biology Bridge process.
For questions, contact Ryan Jones in the Achievement and Accountability Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 443-642-4619.Click here for other items in the November 10, 2016 Leadership Action Update.