2016 Middle and High School Choice FairPrincipals and assistant principals of schools that participate in middle/high school choiceDeadline: November 9
The Middle and High School Choice Fair for incoming middle and high school students to learn about school options will be held from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. on Saturday, December 10, at the Baltimore Convention Center in Hall A.
Schools featured in the annual Choice Guide should complete the school participation form to identify their school representative for this event and to request bus transportation and other amenities (e.g., wi-fi and electrical service, available at cost to schools). School representatives must travel with students and obtain permission slips for all attendees. Schools should share the Choice Fair flyer (in English or Spanish) with their school community. Online and printed versions of the Choice Guide will be available later this month.
Choice Fair information and guidelines:
- Each participating school will receive one 6′ draped table, two side chairs, and an identification sign
- School personnel may use an appropriate tabletop or backdrop display, but these must be provided at the school’s own expense
- Schools must confine displays to their table area and keep areas around the table clear
- Audiovisual equipment must be used at a low volume and confined to the school’s table
- Schools must set up displays between 4:00 and 6:30 p.m. on Friday, December 9, and break down displays by 4:00 p.m. on Saturday, December 10
- The district office will contact all registered schools that fail to attend the scheduled set-up on Friday, December 9
- If a school is unable to set up or provide staff, contact Alisha Sparks at 678-438-4999
Student choice applications are due Friday, January 20.
For questions, email Brandon Tilghman at BLTilghman@bcps.k12.md.us in the School Supports Office.Click here for other items in the November 3, 2016 Leadership Action Update.