Teacher and principal SLO deadlinesAll leaders / Deadline: November 17 and 21
Classroom teachers and principals have a Student Learning Objective (SLO) as part of their annual evaluation. Only BTU employees with classroom teacher job titles who are evaluated in the Teacher Effectiveness Evaluation will participate in the SLO process. Principal responsibilities for SLOs include reviewing and approving all teacher SLOs for their school in TSS, along with submitting their own SLOs in TSS and updating them as needed based on feedback.
Steps in the SLO cycle
Principal SLO deadline
Employee submits SLO learning target or SLO exemption request in TSS
Thursday, October 27 (updated)
Monday, October 31
Supervisor responds to SLO forms in TSS, and employee updates as needed
Supervisor approves all SLO learning targets or SLO exemption requests in TSS
Thursday, November 17 (updated)
Monday, November 21
Teachers without an approved SLO learning target or an SLO exemption in the appropriate electronic system will receive a score of 25 on the SLO component of their 2016-17 evaluation.
For further information, review the components of the 2016-17 Teacher Effectiveness evaluation.
As deadlines approach, please continue to use the following resources:
- Principals and teachers can access resources on TSS related to their SLOs; there are also principal-facing resources specific to teacher SLOs to support the review and approval process.
- SLO ambassadors are critical peer-to-peer resources for teachers. Work with SLO ambassadors to schedule support sessions for teachers as needed and ensure clear communication around resources and deadlines.
- SLO support will be available at the Professional Development Center (PDC) on Northern Parkway on the below dates. Please print copies of the approval rubric and/or other related guidance, and bring your laptop and/or a flash drive to save materials as you work.
- Thursday, October 27, 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, November 1, 9:00 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, November 9, 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Click here for other items in the October 27, 2016 Leadership Action Update.