Comprehensive Health Education
In a strong, comprehensive health education program, students
- understand that health promotion and disease prevention are the foundation for leading healthy, productive lives.
- learn how to access, analyze, and evaluate health information, products, and services to become health literate consumers.
- practice healthy behaviors that reduce health risks that lead to safer and healthier lives.
- use communication skills to enhance personal, family, and community health.
- set goals and make decisions to address issues related to personal, family, and community health.
U ChooseIn the 2016-17 school year, middle and high school students will participate in new sexual and reproductive health education programs, U Choose. The program is a partnership between Baltimore City Public Schools and the Baltimore City Health Department