Wellness, Nutrition, and Physical Activity
The Baltimore City Board of School Commissioners is committed to fostering school environments that promote student health, well-being, and the ability to learn. Along with a comprehensive wellness education, students will have the knowledge and skills necessary to make healthy choices as they grow into adulthood. This Wellness, Nutrition, and Physical Activity policy sets guidelines for health education, nutrition education and promotion, physical education, physical activity, nutrition standards, behavioral health services, and school-based wellness activities.Information on USDA and MSDE Nutrition Standards:
Baltimore City Schools District Wellness Policy:
- USDA Nutrition Standards for School Meals
- Caffeine Restriction Justification
- Maryland Nutrition Standards for All Foods Sold in School(applies to school stores and vending machines)
- The district is working to eliminate ingredients not promoting of good health by scientific and peer reviewed studies. Please read the School Food Focus District Procurement Report which highlights some of our efforts.
Is Your Snack a Smart Snack?Alliance Product Calculator for Smart Snacks! Simply enter the product information, answer a few questions, and questions, and determine weather your beverage, snack, side, entree item meets the new USDA Smart Snacks in school Guidelines.
- 2016 Wellness, Nutrition, and Physical Activity Policy annual update (school year 2015-16)
- 2017 Wellness, Nutrition, and Physical Activity Policy annual update (school year 2016-17)
- Wellness Policy
- Nutrition Standards and Meal -Time Climate regulations
- Physical Education and Physical Activity regulations
- Implementation and Monitoring regulations
- WellSAT 2.0