Reading Partners: Central office recruitment for literacy tutors
All executive directors of principal support, district office directors/executive directors | July 21 (series of information sessions)
City Schools employees, would you like to spend a small part of your week working one-on-one with a child reading below grade level? Take advantage of this opportunity to impact a child in the schools you serve. Change a child’s life by teaching them to read, become a Reading Partner.
- One-on-one tutoring opportunities are available Monday through Thursday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Work with children in K-5th grade.
- No previous tutoring or teaching experience is needed to volunteer.
- The easy-to-follow curriculum prepares you to be ready to work with a student.
- We are a data driven, evidence based program. Regular assessments and rigorous studies prove our curriculum is highly effective at improving reading skills.
- Support from the full-time on site Reading Partners coordinator is available to assist any time.
To learn more, hear from your colleagues who were tutors last year, and ask questions, please attend one of the upcoming information sessions. Sessions will be held at City Schools central office, 200 North Avenue in the 1st Floor Boardroom.
Literacy tutor information sessions:
All sessions will take place in the 1st Floor Boardroom, unless otherwise noted
- Thursday, July 21 from 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, July 27 from 1:00 – 2:00 p.m. (Engagement Office, room 317)
- Thursday, September 15 from 2:00 – 3:00 p.m.
- Thursday, September 15 from 3:00 – 4:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, September 27 from 1:00 – 2:00 p.m.
- Friday, October, 14 from 12:00 – 1:00 p.m.
- Thursday, October 20 from 2:00 – 3:00 p.m.
If you’d like to attend an information session, please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org with the date and time of your preferred information session. You may also contact Monique Armstrong in the Engagement Office at email@example.com.
For the 2016-2017 academic year, Reading Partners’ Reading Centers will be located in 19 Title I Baltimore City elementary schools. We will work with your schedule to make sure your experience is convenient and fulfilling.
To learn more about Reading Partners, please visit www.readingpartners.org or call (410) 585-7600.
Interested tutors need to only attend one information session.