FY 2016 Year-End Close – Purchasing
Below is the FY 2016 Year-End closing schedule for purchases to schools and staff. This guidance applies to all schools and departments.
User access to General funds and Grant accounts (excludes: Cafeterias, Capital Projects, Special Ed) will be closed in accordance with the schedule outlined below. This type of schedule is common practice amongst LEAs and facilitates a smooth year-end close of the District’s financial records.
Friday June 24, 2016 - All Schools & Departments (General Fund Accounts)
- Last day to enter purchase requisitions into K12Buy using FY 2016 general funds. Schools and offices are responsible to confirm with the vendors that items ordered will be delivered and invoiced before July 1, 2016. Any purchase that could be received after the June 30 closing date should be charged to FY 2017.
- Last day to process a “change order” to an existing purchase order.
Thursday June 30, 2016 - Grant Accounts
- Last day to enter purchase requisitions for Grants ending June 30, 2016.
Other Key Dates to remember
Friday July 1, 2016 - FY 2017 Orders Commence
- P-Card purchases commence for FY2017.
- First day to submit FY2017 purchase requisitions in K12Buy (Operating and Grant).
Your cooperation with this schedule is greatly appreciated. Should you have any questions, please contact Peter Ruchkin at (410) 396-8201 or firstname.lastname@example.org.