Pre-k/K registration and enrollmentAll principals and assistant principals
Pre-k/K registration and enrollment will launch on Monday, April 4 and more information for families and school staff can be found on the district’s website. Please note that for the 2016-17 school year, pre-k class sizes will be capped at 23 seats. Unfortunately, we will not be able to hold seats for any special circumstances (i.e., homeless students, students with IEP’s, etc.) Once a class has 23 students enrolled, the class will be considered at capacity. Additionally, please remember:
· All students who turn five by September 1 are eligible for admission to kindergarten.
· Students are enrolled into pre-k according to priority groups:
- Receiving special education services
Priority 2 includes all other students who turn age four by September 1
· Students who turn four or five between September 2 and October 15 can apply for early admission to pre-k or kindergarten.Key registration dates:
· April 4: Registration for pre-k and k (including early admission) opens at schools. Parents must bring all required materials in order to begin the registration process.
· April 15: Deadline for applying for early admission to pre-k for 2016-2017 school year
· May 13: Deadline for applying for early admission to kindergarten
· August 1: Schools begin enrolling priority 2 pre-k students, as seats are available
· August 29: First day of school for all studentsFor questions, please email Susan Saffold in the School Supports Office or call 443-984-1193.
View other items in the March 24, 2016, Leadership Action Update