Francis Scott Key Elementary/Middle School
Francis Scott Key Elementary/Middle School(FSK) is a Pre-Kindergarten -8th grade school located on a sprawling green campus in the Baltimore neighborhood of Locust Point. We deliver on our mission by providing outstanding programming and having committed teachers, students, families, staff s well as local and nationally renowned community partners.
All FSK students enjoy:
- Rigorous and engaging academics - FSK is a Gifted and Advance Learning (GAL) site which includes Advanced Academics for grades 6-8 and universal GAL identification and curricula for grades K-5
- Focus on Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM), including yearly science fair
- Diverse school community
- Character Education
- Infusion of outdoor and experiential learning
- Daily small group instructions and targeted interventions
- Onsite Johns Hopkins Mental Health Clinician
- Full-time Social Worker and Psychologist
Gifted and Advanced Learning (GAL) sites work in tandem with the Office of Gifted and Advanced Learning and engage in a multi-year process whereby each school works towards earning the state designation as an Excellence in Gifted and Talented Education (EGATE) School. To that end, each GAL site commits to universal identification of K-2 students via nationally normed ability and achievement assessments, implementation of gifted curricula for grades K-5 (Jacob’s Ladder, M2/M3, William & Mary Science and Math Units…), accelerated curricula for grades 6-8, targeted and sustained professional development of all staff members around best practices in gifted education, and a larger commitment to regularly monitor, evaluate, and report on the progress of identified learners and selected learning programs.