Choice Fair updateAll principals | Deadline: December 17
This year’s Choice Fair will be held on Saturday, January 9 at Baltimore Polytechnic Institute. The Choice Fair gives incoming middle and high school students the chance to learn about their school options. Choice applications are due Friday, January 22. Below are further details to aid in schools their planning for this event
Middle & High School Choice Fair
Baltimore Polytechnic Institute
1400 W. Cold Spring Lane
Baltimore, MD 21209
8:30 - 11:30 a.m. (Middle School)
1:00 - 4:00 p.m. (High School)
Information for attendees
Schools are asked to print, email, and distribute this Choice Fair flier (English | Spanish) as needed to members of your respective school communities. Additionally, schools are asked to send a representative to pick-up Choice Guides on Thursday, December 17 or Friday, December 18 at the district office (200 E North Ave., room 106, from 10:00 a.m. – 5 p.m.). If schools are unable to pick up their guides on those dates, they will be delivered to your school by Wednesday, December 23.
Information for booth participants: Schools, office, and vendors
Middle schools, offices and vendors**
Set-up: Friday, January 8, 5:00 – 7:00 p.m.
Breakdown: Saturday, January 9, 11:30 - 11:50 a.m.
High schools, offices and vendors**
Set-up: Saturday, January 9, 2016, 11:50 AM - 12:30 p.m.
Breakdown: Saturday, January 9, 4:00 - 4:45 p.m.
**Middle/High Schools should plan to participate in both sessions
Please provide your school/office/vendor point of contact information for this event.
Exhibit space and guidelines
For questions, please email Trevor Roberts in the School Supports Office.View other items in the December 10, 2015, Leadership Action Update
- Each exhibitor will receive one 6’ draped table, two side chairs, and an identification sign
- Exhibitors may use appropriate tabletop or backdrop display if they choose, however, these must be provided at the vendors’ own expense
- Exhibitors must confine their display to their table area and keep aisles and areas around the table display clear of boxes and other materials
- Vendors must prepare their exhibit space before the fair opens to the public and must remove their materials and displays from their tables quickly after the conclusion of the fair (see schedule above)
- Please arrive on time and ensure at least two representatives staff your table throughout the fair
- The district office will contact all registered vendors that fail to attend the scheduled set-up on Friday, January 8. In the event of an emergency that affects an exhibitor’s ability to set up and provide staff, please contact Alisha Sparks at 678-438-4999.
- Audiovisual equipment is permitted if used at a low volume and must be confined to the vendor’s table
- Wireless Internet access (Wi-Fi) is available and it is recommended that you bring multiple battery packs for any technology for electrical access is not guaranteed