ACCESS Administration for English language learners
All principals and assistant principals | Deadline: December 2
All school test coordinators at these schools are required to attend training for the annual state-mandated ACCESS assessment for ELLs. Training sessions are organized by community learning network on the schedule below; all sessions will take place at the Professional Development Center (2500 E. Northern Parkway):
- Networks 1 and 2: Wednesday, December 2, 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Networks 3 and 4: Wednesday, December 2, 1:00 – 3:00 p.m.
- Networks 5 and 6: Thursday, December 3, 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Networks 7, 8, and 9: Thursday, December 3, 1:00 – 3:00 p.m.
- Network 10, charter schools, and programs: Friday, December 4, 1:00 – 3:00 p.m.
This ACCESS assessment, which will be administered between January 6 and February 29, measures ELLs’ progress in gaining English language proficiency. Please note that students identified as ELL/LEP in SMS are required to take this test, regardless of whether parents have refused ELL support services.
For questions, please email Krishna Miller in the Achievement and Accountability Office or Jill Basye-Featherston in the Academics Office.View other items in the November 12, 2015, Leadership Action Update