Visitor policy updateAll principals and assistant principals
Please review the following documents and information regarding updates to Board policy KIA on visitors to schools.Policy
• Policy KIA: Visitors to the Schools
• Administrative regulation
• Administrative regulation: Restricting or excluding access to schools
Use these templates to ensure that the due process is followed in all notifications.
• Warning of restricted access or exclusion
• Restricted access notification
• Exclusion notification
Summary of changes to the policy and regulations
• The time period for restricted access or exclusion of a visitor who is a parent may not exceed 120 calendar days.
• The “warning” letter has been added.
• The ombudsman has been added to the notification process (e.g., the Ombudsman is copied on letters, along with the Legal Office and School Police).
• The Ombudsman serves as custodian of restricted access/exclusion records.
For questions, please email Ombudsman Karen Lawrence in the School Supports Office.
View other items in the September 25, 2015, Leadership Action Update