Annual performance evaluations
All leaders | Deadline: May 1
Completing annual evaluations and providing feedback to employees is a critical responsibility for all supervisors. The following annual evaluation forms are available electronically for supervisors to access and begin completing:
Employee Group Deadline Electronic System PSRP, CUB, FOP, L44, unaffiliated One week before last day of school for employees Nonteacher tool BTU (Other Teacher Level and Related Service Providers)
One week before last day of school for employees OPMS
Remember to review and share the forms, checklists and support resources on the Employee Evaluations webpage.
School leaders should also be aware that Friday, May 1, is a key deadline for two separate processes:
1. BTU employees who are to receive an Unsatisfactory/Ineffective evaluation rating
- On Tuesday, April 28, supervisors will receive a notification message from OPMS regarding availability of reports. Only annual evaluation reports with an Ineffective rating will be accessible.
- By Friday, May 1, supervisors must discuss the annual evaluation with affected teachers.
Other teacher-level and related service provider employees:
- By Friday, May 1, supervisors must complete the PBES annual evaluation form in OPMS and share it with the employee.
2. Non-tenured BTU employees receiving notice of nonrenewal
Supervisors have already submitted the e-Form to their executive eirector’s queue for review. Next steps in this process:
- By close of business on Thursday, April 23, executive directors will have reviewed and submitted the e-Form to the Labor Relations queue.
- By close of business on Wednesday, April 29, Labor Relations will contact supervisors whose recommendations to nonrenew have been approved.
- By Friday, May 1, supervisors will meet with affected employees and deliver the notice of nonrenewal.
For questions related to the nonrenewal process, please contact the Office of Human Capital at 410-396-8885. For evaluation-related questions, please email the Evaluation and Training Team.View other items in the April 23, 2015, Leadership Action Update