Teacher of the Year nominations
All principals | Deadline: January 29
Baltimore City Public Schools is committed to ensuring excellent teaching and learning in every classroom. As part of this commitment, it is time to celebrate and recognize exceptional educators by nominating them for the 2015 Teacher of the Year award.
Principals are eligible to nominate one teacher from their school as an award candidate. Each candidate must meet the following criteria:
- Minimum five years' teaching experience by June 2015
- Currently a full-time classroom, resource, or media teacher who spends the majority of time teaching
- Demonstrated leadership
- Intention to remain in the classroom for the 2015-16 school year
- Role model in the school and community
- Strong communication skills (oral and written)
- Rating of “effective” or “highly effective” for the past three evaluations
Principals should submit their nomination through this online form by Thursday, January 29.
Nominated teachers will be contacted and invited to submit an application to compete for the award. The winner will then compete for the honor of the 2015 Maryland State Teacher of the Year. Additionally, Dr. Thornton will celebrate each principal-nominated teacher at year's end.
For questions, please email Meredith Stolte in the Teaching and Learning department.
View other items in the January 15, 2015, Leadership Action Update