Judith P. Hoyer Early Child Care and Family Education Centers (known as Judy Centers) provide a central location for early childhood education and family support services for children from birth to kindergarten. They are located in Title I school districts across Maryland.
Judy Center services and programs for children and families are typically available up to 10 hours a day, year round, at convenient locations in or near schools. They promote school readiness for young children through collaboration with community-based agencies, organizations, and businesses, helping to ensure that the children served start their formal education on a level playing field with their peers. Click here to refer a child or family to a local Judy Center.
Baltimore City Judy Center locations
- Arlington Elementary/Middle School
- Arundel Elementary/Middle School
- Commodore John Rodgers Elementary/Middle School
- Curtis Bay Elementary/Middle School
- Dorothy I. Height Elementary School (formerly John Eager Howard Elementary School)
- Eutaw-Marshburn Elementary School
- Harford Heights Elementary School
- John Ruhrah Elementary/Middle School
- Liberty Elementary School
- Moravia Park Elementary School
Judy Centers in the NewsWYPR "On the Record"