Do you know a child turning 4 or 5 by September 1?
Congratulations, it's time to register for pre-k or kindergarten!
Pre-k and kindergarten registration for the 2016-17 school year opens on Monday, April 4.
City Schools' early learning programs are the first step on the path to school success. That's why City Schools expanded pre-k to reach more children and provides teaching that lays the groundwork for meeting new standards
in later grades. Every day, City Schools’ pre-k and kindergarten teachers make learning fun with hands-on activities that build on young children's curiosity and eagerness to explore and grow.
In pre-k and kindergarten, young children
- Develop skills in reading and writing, like recognizing and writing letters, learning new words and understanding, and telling stories
- Build a foundation for math by recognizing numbers, counting, and solving problems
- Learn about science and social studies topics by exploring the world around them
- Grow as individuals by developing self-esteem, self-regulation, and independence
- Develop social skills and the ability to share and work with other children
If you have a child who is ready (or almost ready) to start school, City Schools welcomes you! Find out more about