PLEASE NOTE THAT THE DEADLINE TO APPLY FOR EARLY ADMISSION TO PRE-K FOR THE 2016-17 SCHOOL YEAR HAS PASSED.
Children who turn four between September 2 and October 15 and are in the Priority 1
placement group (are low-income
, are homeless
or receive special education
services) can apply to attend City Schools pre-k by following the steps below.
For a neighborhood school, parents must complete the pre-k registration form and the parent checklist and submit it between April 4 and April 15 for the 2016-17 school year. For information about early admission to pre-k at a charter school
, please contact the school directly.
Early admission process for neighborhood schools
- Fill out the registration form and paperwork required for all incoming pre-k students
- Complete the Parent Checklist for Early Admission to Pre-k
- Bring documents in person to City Schools' district office, Early Learning Programs, Room 308, 200 E. North Avenue, Baltimore, MD 21202
- Early Learning staff will review the documentation with the parents/guardians and have them sign a statement indicating they understand their child will not be automatically eligible for the following year
- After verifying the child's eligibility, staff will give the parents/guardians a Pre-k Early Admission Eligibility Form to take to their neighborhood school