High-quality early education provides a strong foundation for later success in school. In pre-k, children begin to discover and understand new information in the world around them, building skills they will use throughout their lives. And, in the group setting of the early learning classroom, they develop social and emotional skills.
If your child will be four years old by September 1, 2017, then it's time to think about registering for pre-k!
How to register
Space in pre-k programs is limited, so please register as soon as possible on or after April 24, 2017 for the 2017-18 school year.
To register, you'll need to follow these steps:
- Check to see your child's eligibility and enrollment priority.
- Locate your neighborhood school and find out about charter schools that might be right for your child and family.
- To register at a neighborhood school, fill out the registration form. (If you are interested in a charter school for your child, please contact the school directly.)
- Gather the necessary paperwork, including
- Take the form and your paperwork to your neighborhood school on or after April 24. (Pre-k classes fill up quickly, so plan to register your child early!)
Community Partner Pre-k Programs
City Schools and the Maryland State Dept. of Education are proud to partner with the following organizations to provide pre-k at community-based programs. If you are interested in enrolling with a community partner, please reach out using the contact information below:
Episcopal Community Services Maryland (the Ark Preschool for families experiencing homelessness)
Address: 1701 Madison Ave, Baltimore, MD 21217
Phone: (410) 522-1026
Koinonia Baptist Church
Address: 5738 Belair Rd, Baltimore, MD 21206
Phone: (410) 426-0288
Address: 1211 Druid Hill Ave., Baltimore, MD 21217
Phone: (410) 523-8793
Y of Central Maryland
Address: Multiple Locations
Phone: (410) 889-9622 x2135