We are looking for the best and the brightest to lead our schools! All candidates (internal or external) seeking a school-based leadership position complete a comprehensive, rigorous interview process that enables them to show they have the disposition, character and experience to move students forward in extraordinary ways. (Click here for larger version of the image below)
Our school leaders are focused on the four areas of action that is further supported by City Schools' School Leader Framework and rubric:
• Planning, assessing, and adjusting a strong instructional program that meets students’ needs
Leadership opportunities in City Schools are as unique as Baltimore itself. With ongoing support, professional development and career advancement, City Schools has more to offer than most districts. If you are eligible and looking to make an impact in an urban school and your career, then review these current openings today.
• Cultivating talented staff to grow professionally and develop leadership skills
• Igniting a strong vision for success that engages families and the community
• Managing resources strategically to support student learning
Our selection process allows candidates to demonstrate their skills they have honed and will use to lead their schools to success.
Each applicant must apply to the principal or assistant principal pool posting in iRecruitment, following the steps numbered below.
- Search for posting — In iRecruitment, select "Admin-School" from the drop-down list and click the "Search" button. Applicants can then select "Assistant Principal" or "Principal - All Levels". Please check back often for new opportunities.
- Complete application packet — Each applicant is required to submit an application packet in the iRecruitment system. Before beginning the online application, please review the posting for application procedures and required documents. Applicants are required to submit all required documents listed in the posting at the time of applying. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
3. For candidates who fulfill requirements of the application packet — If the applicant meets minimum qualifications, she or he will be invited to participate in City Schools' Competency Assessment Center (a list of dates will be provided). After successful completion of the Competency Assessment, applicants are considered eligible for school based leadership roles in City Schools.