City Schools' comprehensive benefits package includes a range of services and many options.
- Employees can choose from a variety of medical plans from providers Kaiser, BlueChoice and CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield.
- Dental coverage options include a dental HMO and a buy-up plan.
- No-cost vision coverage provides for services every two years.
- Prescription medication coverage is available with a modest co-pay.
Retirement and pension
In addition to pension plans through the State of Maryland or City of Baltimore (depending on position and bargaining unit), employees can participate in 403(b) tax-sheltered savings plans.
The following are available at no or modest cost:
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability insurance
- Flexible Spending Account for childcare expenses
- Employee Assistance Plan offering confidential counseling services
- Dependent child tuition waiver (for employees who live outside the city but who want to enroll their children in City Schools)
- Higher education tuition reimbursement