Union Learning Representative FAQ
1. What is a Union Learning Representative (ULR)?
A BTU Teacher Level Member who advocates for the professional growth of colleagues by ...
- helping colleagues navigate career pathways
- pairing colleagues with opportunities to improve practice
- assisting colleagues to formulate new AU-worthy proposals
- supporting colleagues to align their practice to professional goals
2. What is the purpose of the ULR work?
- Support colleagues around PD and other learning opportunities
- School level support on navigating self-paced career advancements and promotion opportunities
3. What are the expectations of a ULR?
- Host School-level Forums
- Attend Monthly ULR Trainings
- Maintain & Submit documentation on time
4. How will serving as a ULR benefit me professionally?
- ULRS who successfully engage the accountability measures for the entire school will earn 3 AUs
- ULR experiences and documentation speak directly to Developing as a Professional and Leadership
5. What are the criteria for being a ULR?
- Current BTU Teacher Level Member
- Efficient Communicator
- Collaborative Worker
- Excellent Time Manager
- Technologically Proficient
6. Can I be a BR and a ULR?
- No. A teacher level member of the BTU can only serve as one or the other per school year.
7. How do interested teacher level staff apply for the position?
- If you are interested in becoming a Union Learning Representative, please contact the ULR Coordinator at ULR@bcps.k12.md.us.