Samuel F. B. Morse Elementary #98
Sheri Burton Mary Shell, Assistant Principal
Facts about December
· Christmas is celebrated
· Kwanzaa is celebrated
· December 31st is New Year’s Eve
· December 3rd is Let’s Hug Day
· December 5th is National Blue Jeans Day
· December 21st marks the beginning of Winter
· The 1st Nobel Prize was awarded in 1901
Question: What is the Nobel Prize?
Poem of the Month
A Chubby Little Snowman
A chubby little snowman
Had a carrot nose
Along came a rabbit
That hungry little bunny
Looking for his lunch,
ATE the snowman’s carrot nose…
Write ten or more words using the letters in instrumentalist. Each word must have four or more letters.
Riddles and Jokes
Question: Why are calendars so popular?
Answer: Because they have a date every day!
Question: Why did the tired worker tear off part of the calendar?
Answer: Because he wanted a month off!
Question: What do you call Santa when he stops moving?
Answer: Santa Pause
Question: Why do mummies like Christmas so much?
Answer: Because of all the wrapping.
Words Words Words Words
Match the words with the definitions. Work with a partner.
1. the space set apart for the audience in a school
2. to stop; discontinue; to come to an end
3. a member of a state or country
4. a person who lacks courage
5. to demolish
6. an attempt
7. to lose brightness and color
8. to build