Samuel F. B. Morse Elementary #98
Sheri Burton, Principal Mary Shell, Assistant Principal
November 12, 2012
Facts About November
· November is the eleventh month.
· November comes between fall and winter.
· Football is the main sport in November.
· Election Day is on the first Tuesday after the first Monday in November.
· Veterans Day is celebrated on November 11th.
· Thanksgiving Day is celebrated on the fourth Thursday in November.
· The chrysanthemum is the flower for the month of November.
Match each word with a definition.
____ to finish something successfully
____ a large feast
____ a drink other than water
____ a severe snowstorm
____ a person who writes music
____ a pleasing smell
____ extreme cold
____ words that sound alike but have different spellings and meanings (example: sun, son)
Jokes to Make You Laugh
Question: What did the pencil sharpener say to the pencil?
Answer: Stop going in circles and get to the point!
Question: Why can’t Cinderella play soccer?
Answer: Because she’s always running away from the ball!
Question: How is a baseball team similar to a pancake?
Answer: They both need a batter!
Question: Why did the football coach go to the bank?
Answer: He wanted his quarter back!
Write 10 words using the letters in presidential. Each word must have four or more letters.