ACHIEVEMENT UNITS FOR PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT ACTIVITIESIn order to be considered AU worthy, professional development must include:
To view current or upcoming professional development opportunities, please visit the Professional Growth section of City Schools Inside by clicking here.
- A complete cycle of development during which participants learn, implement, reflect, receive feedback, and share.
- A connection to standards - (i.e. local, state, national, discipline, and organizational).
- A minimum of 15 hours - (15 hours = 1 AU).
- A product output - (i.e. lesson plans, unit plans, data analysis, questioning, assessments, work performed by students, differentiated materials, etc.)
- Intellectually engaging and rigorous activities that address the needs of adult learners.
- The modeling of best practices.
- A focus on content and pedagogy and how students learn best.
If your school, office, or department is interested in sponsoring an AU-approved PD, please contact the Office of Teacher Support & Development at firstname.lastname@example.org to request information and the Course Creation Guide. You can also obtain a copy of the Course Creation Guide for new PD proposals by clicking here or you can download the required re-approval course template by clicking this area. Please note: Confirmation of approval to offer a course is only for the dates and times on the approval. Additional course offerings must be submitted on either the school year 2016/2017 or 2017/2018 PD re-approval course template.