Health & Safety
Head of the Department:
200 E. North Ave
Baltimore, MD 21202
Phone Numbers – 410-396-8679
Overview:To provide healthy and safe learning and working environments, and to ensure system compliance with Local, State, and Federal mandated regulations.What We Do:
- Provide occupational safety and health training to employees as mandated by State and Federal law
- Communicate and monitor best practices and procedures with regard to environmental hazards, air quality, integrated pest management, workplace safety/injury review, and compliance to building safety codes.
- Work with outside agencies such as Baltimore City Division of Occupational Safety, Baltimore City Heath Department, the Environmental Protection Agency, Maryland Department of the Environment and Maryland Department of Agriculture, to include safety code facility issues, environmental hazards, and school inspections.
- Respond to environmental complaints and mitigate environmental hazards, such as asbestos, mold, lead-paint, hazardous material releases and pests.
- Assist City Schools’ locations when there is a shortage of bottled drinking water or other inquiry regarding bottled drinking water.