Welcome back to another new and exciting school year here at Waverly Elementary Middle School!
I hope you had a restful summer vacation; filled with family, friends, and learning. At Waverly Elementary Middle School, we strongly believe that every child can learn and achieve the highest level. We know, with the proper preparation and family support our students will achieve great things.
The staff at Waverly Elementary Middle School is dedicated to building: intelligent, compassionate, respectful, responsible, cooperative, independent thinkers that capitalize on all opportunities.
We believe high expectations yield high academic achievement. We continue to be committed to doing our part in ensuring our students achieve academic excellence and we look forward to working with families and community organizations to guarantee that our goal is achieved.
Research indicates that positive family involvement plays a key role in the academic success of children; therefore, school/parent/family communication is crucial. Parents and families are an essential piece to academic success. Your presence is not only welcomed, but it is greatly needed!
Please join our PTO this year and give whatever time you can to help our students. We also ask that you reach our Community Liaison from Greater Homewood, Ms. Teresa DeBerry, for further assistance as to how you can assist us in reaching our goals as a school.
To further ensure a successful school year please:
· Report to Waverly for the 1st day of school for students on August 31st, 2015.
· “MEET YOUR TEACHER” on Thursday, August 27, 2015 from 4:30 PM - 6:00 PM.
· Make sure you child is on time and prepared for school every day - SCHOOL BEGINS AT 8:45 AM and Dismisses at 3:25 PM.
· Provide a quiet place for your child to complete homework
· Set aside time for reading and practicing basic math facts with your child on a nightly basis
· Return all requested forms and documents to school in a timely manner.
As we get ready to begin the 2015-2016 school year; please know that teachers and staff have spent a lot of time getting prepared for the year ahead. I am continuously impressed to see the dedication our staff shows to the students, families, and the community of Waverly. At Waverly Elementary Middle School, the staff, faculty, and administration are honored that you entrust us with your learners. My staff and I look forward to working with each and every one of you, and we especially welcome our new staff and students to the Waverly family! Together we will make incredible things happen!
Amanda P. Rice
2nd Annual Waverly Village Fair!
Bringing together Waverly, Ednor Gardens-Lakeside, Better Waverly, and surrounding neighborhoods for a FREE fair in the parking lot & field behind the Y at 33rd and Ellerslie
This year, get ready for a bigger fair with:
- On stage entertainment, including live music, dance performances, and fitness demonstrations
- Giveaways of books and more
- Carnival games and fun activities
- Community resources
- Food & sno-ball vendors