The Southwestern Athletic Department staff and coaches are dedicated to providing a rigorous athletic program by teaching student-athletes to persevere, work well with others, and challenge themselves. Win or lose, The Southwestern Athletic Department will encourage student-athletes to provide a winning effort, exhibit good sportsmanship, and demonstrate respect for all. “ACADEMIC EXCELLENCE” and “ATHLETIC SUCCESS” are hallmarks of The Southwestern Athletic program. Our students will leave The Southwestern Athletic Department with a quality education, an appreciation for lifelong learning, and the knowledge and skills necessary to carry them successfully through life.
- The values of athletics to develop productive leaders of the 21stCentury.
- Promote a supportive and positive athletic environment in which student-athletes excel academically and athletically.
- To encourage student-athletes to participate in multiple sports.
- Create an environment that fosters character development of our student-athletes, while promoting mental and physical toughness.
Southwestern Athletics 1500 Harlem Avenue, Baltimore, MD 21217 Phone: (410)396-7701
Athletic Director: Delora Walker Athletic Principal: TBA“SABER PRIDE”
Southwestern Athletic Department Goals
- Promote academic excellence in the classroom.
- Recognize and promote lessons learned regarding good sportsmanship, ethics, teamwork, and the value of competing---win or lose.
- Ensure a safe and secure environment for practice and competitions.
- Recognize the accomplishments of athletic teams and individuals.
- Encourage coaches to be leaders, role models, and persons of character.
- Emphasize and encourage positive lifestyles, habits, and attitudes that will assist in preparing them for life.
- Promote teamwork throughout the school community by building a positive relationship with all parents, administrators, teachers, student-athletes, and community.
- Ensure that everyone involved with Southwestern Athletic Department adheres to the rules and policies of the Maryland Public Secondary Schools Athletic Association, the Office of Interscholastic Athletics, and Baltimore City PublicSchools.