By integrating meaningful work, relevant academic study and respectful social structure within real-world contexts, we will build an inspiring and cohesive adolescent community of compassionate, creative and responsible learners who have a strong sense of self, critical problem solving skills and the capacity for stewardship and fullness of life.
THE APPLICATION DEADLINE FOR THE 2014-15 SCHOOL YEAR HAS PASSED
5. In order to minimize distractions and respect our families’ individual approaches to holidays, our school does not celebrate Halloween. Please do not send your children to school with candy or in costumes (except for those related to United Nations Day).
6. Congratulations to our Royal Bees Chess Club! They attended their first tournament of the season, and our Novice Elementary Team walked away with a 2nd Place Trophy!
7. Reminder: Before Care starts at 7:30am. Also, Before Care is a NUT-FREE environment. Thanks for your help.
8. The Fall Festival team is always looking for clothing for scarecrows: Please bring in any children's long pants, long sleeved shirts, or PJs for next year's scarecrows and drop them into the collection box in the main lobby.
9. Please remember to enter your hours in our Volunteer Log whenever you donate your time in support of our school.
10. November 3rd-7th: Scholastic Book Fair. Volunteers needed! Please click here for Book Fair hours and Volunteer Opportunities.
11. Tuesday, November 4th: Election Day - School is Closed.
12. Wednesday, November 5th: Grandparents and Special Friends Day. Volunteers needed! Please contact Caitlin if you are available to help.
13. Wednesday, November 5th: Spanish Club begins with a New Provider, Fun with Foreign Lanuages. Click here to sign up. Please enroll by Wednesday, October 29th so we can determine if we have enough registrants to hold classes.
14. Thursday, November 6th: DOT meeting has been postponed! A new date is being decided and will be announced soon.
15. Friday, November 7th: Lower El field trip to the Aquarium and AC field trip to the National Museum of the American Indian
16. Friday, November 14th at 9:00 am: Coffee & Conversation with Ms. Allison in the Community Room. Topic TBD, with time following our discussion for general feedback and questions.
17. SAVE THE DATE: Sunday, November 16th from 4:00 to 7:00 pm: "Creating Dreams" -- A gallery event in collaboration with MICA, featuring student curators and art by Baltimore Montessori Public students and artists in MICA's C.R.E.A.T.E. program, to benefit our art program. Please plan to join us!
For information about how decisions are made regarding closings and delays, please visit Baltimore City Schools' website.