Summer Arts Academy (grades 3-7)
The Summer Arts Academy will introduce students to a variety of art forms - from illustration, to spoken word, to percussion, to drama and dance - and gives students a chance to work alongside students from around the city and be taught by professional artists. In the morning, students will explore different art forms and in the afternoon, concentrate on one of their choice. In addition, students will have daily arts integrated learning, cultural field trips, and organized physical activity/team building. A final showcase of student art and performances will take place the last week of the program. Breakfast and lunch are provided. This program is provided by Young Audiences
. If there are more applicants than seats, there will be a waiting list.
- Who? Students in grades 3 to 7 in 2014-15
- When? June 29 – July 31, Monday to Friday from 8:30 am to 3:00 pm (breakfast at 8:30 am)
- Where? Thomas Jefferson Elementary/Middle School
- Transportation? Students will be provided MTA bus tickets
- How to apply? Please complete an online registration form.