Dear Waverly Parents, Partnerships, and all Stakeholders,
I am writing to thank you so much for respecting and supporting our increased safety focus around the school. So much of what we are doing is to ensure safety at Waverly and can only be accomplished via a partnership with our families and community partners. I am sending home this letter outlining safety precautions for our students.
For the safety of all students, staff, and visitors, please adhere to the following:
- School doors are opened (if not inclement weather) per BCPSS Policy at 8:45 A.M. Administrators and support staff will be present at each entrance to monitor student intake ****Please do not drop students off before 8:30 A.M..***.
- During inclement weather doors will be opened at 8:30 A.M. and all elementary students will enter the cafeteria and all middle school students will enter the GYM, administrators and support staff to be in the Gymnasium and Cafeteria areas until 8:45 A.M. when students are dismissed to their classrooms.
- Before Care will be offered by Junior Scholars Center from 6:30 A.M. to 8:30 A.M. for a low cost see Ms. Harriott the director of the program please contact her for information.
- All exterior doors, including the main entrance will be locked from 9:00 A.M. -3:25 P.M. All Visitors and staff who enter through the main entrance door will be buzzed in using the door monitoring system.
- All parents/visitors must have completed and passed the background check process via the CAAS SWIPE system to access any part of the building past the main office, you will receive an official “visitors pass” or acquire and official BCPSS volunteer badge.
- In the event a parent/visitor who has not passed the background check they must meet with an Administrator.
- Security cameras are being monitored at all entrances, stairwells, hallways, cafeteria, and multiple other places in the building for the safety of all on the campus.
- Communication to parents and all stakeholders will be via Waverly Website, global connect phone calls, Twitter, phone, and letters sent home for all events, and safety updates.
*Prek,K- will be dismissed from classrooms (no change).
*Grades 2-3 will be dismissed from front ramp exit door 34th Street.
*Grade 4-5 & Grade will be dismissed from the cafeteria 34th Street.
*Grades 6,7,8 will be dismissed out the 35th Street back of school near gym.
If at any time you have questions regarding our safety or procedures, please reach out to an Administrator directly anytime or come by for a visit with Coffee With Principal the third Thursday of every month 9:00 A.M. (next dates: Feb. 18, Mar 17, Apr 21, May 19). We welcome your concerns, thoughts, and ideas regarding school safety. We also encourage you to volunteer to assist with school safety.